1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Any age I wanted to be.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Peer pressure. Laziness. Fear.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Not at the end of this list.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I’d like to make people slower-paced. I’d like to make people have the ability to slow down and really “smell the roses”.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Being with my kids.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am doing what I believe in. At least I am trying to.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I’d work less and I’d spend more time travelling to see family.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? It’s not me in control. J
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I’m more worried about doing things right. But I am aware of it and wish that I was more worried about doing the right things.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I do not partake. I most likely would stay silent until it turned distasteful and unjustified and then I would probably say something like “Wow, guys. Let’s move on cuz that’s not necessary.”
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Wow…that’s a tough question. Just relax.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Without a doubt. Although, I don’t know how easy it would be…
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I don’t think so. At least not true insanity.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I pray different.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we are all individuals and it’s a great thing that what makes me happy doesn’t make everyone happy. We’d all be bored.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Bungee Jumping. The thing holding me back now is fear.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Nope.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Colorado. It’s beautiful. I could never leave the country.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Nope. But I’ll push the floor button and then press the door close button. But I only push the elevator button, the floor button, and door close buttons once.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful simpleton for sure.
22. Why are you, you? It’s the beauty of how God made me.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Yes. A lot of times I feel I have been that friend without fail, even when I don’t receive it in return.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? They are simply the same. They both make me sad.
25. What are you most grateful for? My health. My family. My friends.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Wow. There are plusses to both sides but major minuses to both sides. If I lost all my old memories, I would lose my past. But if I couldn’t form new memories, I wouldn’t be able to have any memories with my son. I’d rather lose my old memories. The people who I have important memories with are, for the majority, still here and able to be around to make new memories with. Tough question.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? I…uh…what?
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I don’t even care to think about “that time” to figure out what really upset me 5 years ago, much less 1 year ago.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Gosh. Lately I’ve been remembering times with my dad a lot and driving home from gymnastics playing mind games. I think because he is the opposite sex parent, as I am with Liam, it’s coming to mind more and more. I can’t pick one memory though. So many are special.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? During labor.
32. If not now, then when? Probably never.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Most likely my dignity.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Seriously philosophical and I’m just trying to finish this before bed.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Probably not.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work that I enjoy doing. It’s the beauty of the seasons of my job.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Not 100, but definitely more than 1 time before.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Haha…I don’t walk into dark rooms anymore.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I’d throw one big party so that everyone would be in the same place.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Now I’m just fed up with these questions.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Probably yesterday.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Ridicule. Embarrassment. Regret.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Not much.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? While feeding my son.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My friends. My family. My son. Shared Thanksgiving Meals with those around me.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Nope. But I’ll remember that I spent a lot of time with my son.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I definitely make decisions for myself.