Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Shopping Cart

I'm supposed to return the cart each time I am at the grocery store.  But this has evolved (which was my purpose of this project) into returning the cart anywhere there is a cart.  Kroger, HEB, Hobby Lobby, Target, Home Depot.  This also started including shopping with other people, even if I
#1 Never got the cart
#2 Never touched the cart
#3 Didn't push the cart out of the store to the parking lot

Oh Home Depot.
Beautiful Spring Day.  I pulled into the HD off 290 to get an extension cord.  As I was getting out of my car, the lady who had basically pulled in to the spot next to me 5 seconds earlier was getting out of her car.  She was parked to my left in the first spot of the row.  I didn't realize who she was, but I did realize what was surrounding my car.  NOTHING.
Ten minutes later I emerge from the store and lo and behold what is sitting next to my driver's side bumper?  A shopping cart.  And I'm walking out with my bag in my hand.  The lady in the spot to my left?  She's climbing into her car.  I had to move the cart in order to walk to my driver's side door.  So, as I shake my head and think to myself how much better of a shopper I am, I push her cart, as she is backing out and clearly looking at me shaking my head, to the cart collector.

And that my friends, is why I have lost count of the number of times I have returned the cart at the grocery store.

I will continue to return any and all carts that accompany me on my shopping trips regardless of the human's that accompany me leaving them next to the car and I will return any and all carts that block my car or really are just close enough that they should have been returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment