Sunday, January 16, 2011

13 Weeks

By some people's definitions (my husband included), 13 weeks marks the beginning of the second trimester.  The beginning of the second trimester for me will be mentally marked by not feeling like I'm going to hurl once a day.  That time may never come and the world around me is welcome to progress into the second trimester without my mind.  Don't worry.  This is NOT a case like the school system's "No Child Left Behind".

Please, please, feel free to leave my mind behind.  The pregnancy must go on.

13 Weeks.
The baby is the size of a medium shrimp.  (A different size says baby is the size of a peach.)
3 inches from head to foot and about an ounce in weight.

If you want to see what the baby looks like this week in the womb, go here.

Interesting facts:
-The baby has fingerprints
-Veins and organs are visible through baby's super fine skin
-IF the baby is a girl, she has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries


And me??  Incubator of said baby...
Well, I'm tired.  I have the urge to hurl about once a day, but I think to this point I have only hurled 5 times.  Lucky me...no, seriously.  It's not an every day occurrence.  That's a good thing.  
I'm still in my normal clothes, though I am blessed with two bella bands to keep my pants up when I unbutton them later in the day.  My belly is much bigger looking down (my vantage point) to anyone look at me.  Clothed, you cannot even tell there is anything there.  I have not gained weight yet, rather, in the past 6 weeks, I lost three pounds and gained them back since New Years.  


We are eagerly awaiting the gender scan around the 20th week (translated to the beginning of March).  
We have an "online pool" going, no money, just for fun, for the gender, birthdate and time born, weight, length.  Be sure to check it out and please, submit your vote.  Just be nice with the weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment